Successful entrepreneurship in today's economy is all about getting things started fast and lean and then learning and improving as you go along. The Speedy Startup will take you through 12 weeks of activities designed to move you from idea to implementation so you can begin learning right away about what is and isn't working. This lets you refine your business model to maximize your opportunities.
The Speedy Startup is all about taking action and learning from experience. You will be:
- Doing customer research
- Developing your product or service in response to that research
- Creating your business model (including pricing and identifying different ways to generate revenue)
- Creating all your sales and marketing tools, including a website, social media channels, etc.
- Launching your product or service idea to continue learning about what does and doesn't work.
- Full-Day Jumpstart Program (September 2, 2015) to kick off your business planning and get clear about your idea and your available resources. Note that this session is MANDATORY. You MUST be able to attend the full-day Jumpstart if you plan to participate.
- 11 weekly 2.5 hour in-person group coaching/learning sessions where you will set goals, review progress and work with your fellow entrepreneurs on developing and refining your business. These sessions take place at the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce from 1-3:30 p.m. each Wednesday from Sept. 9-November 18, 2015.
- Guided activities and steps you will take each week to move your business forward.
- Online support, including a password-protected online classroom where you will find great webinars, podcasts, worksheets, articles and guides. The resources are customized for each new class to reflect the needs and business plans of the participants.
- Ongoing phone and email access to the facilitators who can provide feedback, ideas and coaching in between the weekly meetings.
- Connections to local experts who can help you manage the legal, tax and accounting issues that all businesses need to address.
- Membership in the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, where you will have access to great networking contacts and tons of learning opportunities.
To participate, you must:
- Be a Bucks County, PA resident and at least 18 years old.
- Be laid off or have received a notice of lay-off.
- Demonstrate your commitment to working through the process of starting up your business through an interview with the Speedy Startup facilitators.
- Complete the eligibility process for WIOA services through the Bucks County CareerLink, which includes completing a WIOA application, an Intake appointment and providing all necessary documentation.
What We Look for In Our Applicants
The Speedy Startup process is action-oriented and conducted in a group coaching/learning setting. We look for people who:
- Are ready to make starting their business their number 1 priority.
- Can attend both the day-long Jumpstart Session and the weekly sessions at the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce from 1-3:30 p.m on Wednesdays.
- Can set and achieve their own goals and will do the work in between weekly coaching sessions to get their business up and running.
- Will share information, resources and feedback with their fellow Speedy Startup entrepreneurs.
- Will actively network and engage with potential customers.
- Are willing to consider various ways to earn revenue from their business idea--your initial idea may NOT be the best way for you to generate revenue!
- Will actively contribute not only to their own success, but to the success of our community of entrepreneurs.
- Are willing to take charge and solve their own problems, including doing the work to learn about the various aspects of starting and running your own business.