These are handouts and additional resources from the May 6, 2015 PWDA Pre-Conference Workshop on Engaging Business as Your Partner.
- Marketing Hourglass
- Offers that Engage at Each Stage
- Rachel Recruiter Sample Ideal Customer Profile
- Ideal Customer Profile Worksheet (not shared during training, but useful for developing your own customer profiles)
We also encourage you to check out the handouts and modules from the Consultative Selling to Business 1-day workshops held in April, particularly those related to:
Facilitating More Effective Meetings
- Liberating Structures--A wide variety of ideas for ways to structure all or portions of meetings.
- Gamestorming--Fantastic ideas in this book that can be adapted for meetings or to create events.
- Asking Powerful Questions--Good background on powerful questions with some great examples.
- The Art of Powerful Questions--How to use more effective questions to drive insight and innovation.
Below are resources for some of the creative events we discussed.
- DOWNLOAD GATHER: The Art & Science of Effective Convening--Fantastic guide to designing more effective gatherings and becoming a more effective convener.
- Engaging Everyone--Great ideas in here that can be adapted for within meetings or as a way of structuring events or meetings with business partners. Includes a description of Q-storming and one on doing appreciative interviewing.
VideoConferencing for Meetings and Conversations
- Zoom.us--For $99/year, you can get 9 user accounts for staff and can host up to 25 people. Works with iOS and Android and can be used with desktops, laptops, smartphones and tables. You can screenshare, annotate, use a whiteboard and record.
- Startup Weekend--Website
- What If: The Art of Scenario Thinking for Nonprofits--From the Monitor Institute, a fantastic introductory guide to using scenario planning.