The Speedy Startup is an action-oriented entrepreneurial coaching and education program we have implemented for the past 2.5 years with the Bucks County Workforce Development Board.
Through the Speedy Startup process, participants
- Identify a core business idea they want to launch.
- Explore various strategies and business models for making their idea a reality.
- Test the viability of their product or service by connecting with real potential customers.
- Develop the marketing tools they need for their businesses, including a website, social media channels, etc.
- Launch their product or service by the end of the 12 weeks!
- Weekly group and individual coaching sessions
- A class website packed with resources
- A private Facebook group to connect current participants and graduates
- Meetings with representatives from SBA, SCORE and local Chambers of Commerce
- Connections to other entrepreneurs and resources
Our focus is on dealing with the practical tasks AND the mental/emotional issues that all startup entrepreneurs must deal with as they develop and implement their businesses. We also facilitate the connections and relationships that help reduce isolation and increase a sense of community and innovation.
You can learn more about this project here.
Youth Entrepreneurship Programs
Using many of the strategies and approaches that have been successful in the Speedy Startup program, we worked through the 2016-17 school year with the fantastic Rebecca Fabiano to implement a 6-week youth version at Norris Homes in Philadelphia, PA. We worked with two groups of 14-19 year-olds to bring in a myriad of resources, facilitation strategies and local entrepreneurs as a way to develop and deepen 21st Century Skills that help prepare youth for self-employment and business ownership. (See more here)
During the summer of 2017, we are again working with Rebecca to deliver a 6-week entrepreneurship program to teens as part of YouthBuild's summer employment program. They will explore entrepreneurial mindsets, design thinking, branding, budgeting, marketing and relationship-building, either in starting up a new business or in taking a current idea to the next level.
Starting in August 2016, we are working with the Rescue Mission of Trenton to provide a 16-week version of the Speedy Startup to graduates of their PREP program, an entrepreneurial partnership with the University of Pennsylvania. This program helps ex-offenders develop an initial business plan. We will then be helping graduates implement their businesses and work toward a sustainable business model.
Are You Interested in Being Part of the Speedy Startup?
While I currently contract with organizations that want to sponsor the Speedy Startup, I'm also interested in working with individuals who may be interested in starting up their own sidegig or full time business. If you're interested in being part of an online Speedy Startup coaching/learning group, let me know by completing the form below!