Since Fall, 2015, I've been working with the John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development on their New Start Career Network Project to support long-term unemployed job seekers over age 45.
I provide provide training and support for the volunteer career coaches and facilitate in-person and online events for both coaches and job seekers. I also maintain a password-protected blog and LinkedIn group for the coaches.
In Spring 2015, I facilitated a 7.5 hour creative "jam" where we brought together representatives from youth-serving organizations throughout Philadelphia to create projects that would allow young people to explore issues of social justice through games, art, social media, etc.
It was a fabulously successful and inspiring event that I'd love to do again. You can learn more about it here.
Trainings and Conference Presentations
Here are links to some of the trainings and conference presentations I've done. This is by no means an exhaustive list!
- Design Thinking for Youth Programs for the Philadelphia Youth Network
- Consultative Selling to Business for the PA Workforce Development Association
- Try It Tuesday Blog--Not technically a "training," but this blog I created and maintained for the Philadelphia Youth Network has tons of resources and information.
- Social Media for Workforce Development for the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Handouts from the Museum Hue Mentorathon, a career event to support museum professionals of color.
- Building Your Circles: It's All About Connection--I use many of these handouts in other trainings I do on networking.