Are you ready to find Career Clarity? Then my online Career Clarity Camp is for you!
About Career Clarity Camp
This four-week camp helps you achieve clarity about your career vision and gives you a chance to experiment with some new options, working with a supportive group of other professionals. By the end of the Camp you'll have:
- Greater clarity about your career situation and goals. I can't promise that you'll have EVERYTHING figured out. But you will have learned a process that you can continue to use to further explore and expand your options.
- New habits and tools for managing your career on an ongoing basis.
- Clear action steps to move you closer to your goals.
- Connections to other Campers who are seeking their own clarity and who can help you in your journey to move forward.
Through the Camp you'll have access to:
- A private website with a full month of activities and resources to help you achieve greater clarity. This includes handouts, guides, links, etc.
- 5 live events where we'll explore each week's topic in greater detail and give you a chance to receive feedback and share ideas.
- Archived recordings of the live events that you can refer back to if needed.
- A private LinkedIn group where you can network with other members of the class, ask questions, share ideas, etc.
Who Should Participate?
I put this camp together for people who are ready to:
- Move from Career Certainty to Career Clarity--For people who recognize that there is no certainty when it comes to our careers, so we have to gain clarity about ourselves and our opportunities in order to embrace uncertainty.
- Become the Start-up of You, whether that means working for themselves or building their start-up skills and mentality for work in a "what have you done for me lately?" economy.
What's Going to Happen in this Camp?
I'm going to warn you up front that Camp is pretty intense. During the camp we're going to be engaging in a really deliberate cycle of Action/Reflection. You won't be able to just sit back and read. You'll need to be ready do some work. But I promise it will be fun and interesting.
Each week of the camp is arranged around a specific theme:
- Week 1--EXPLORE--Dreaming Possible Selves: In the first week, you'll explore the question, "Who Could I Be?' and you'll identify some potential options. You'll then pick one of your options to work with throughout the rest of the course. We'll also talk about the whole messy, muddy process of career re-invention and how to get through it without going crazy.
- Week 2--EXPERIENCE--Experimenting with Possible Selves: During this week you'll devise some experiments for beginning to try out and explore a new career identity. We learn best from experience, so we'll explore different ways that you can begin using experiments to learn more about what you do and don't want. This is Action Week!
- Week 3--EXPAND--Networking and Building Up Experiences: During the 3rd week, you will continue implementing your experiments from Week 2. You will also expand your exposure to people and experiences that may be able to support your potential career vision. Another week of action, with some Reflection thrown in.
- Week 4--EVOLVE--Revising and Evolving Your Career Story: In the final week of the course, we will start to synthesize what you've learned and look at how it has impacted your career vision and the opportunitities you may want to explore. You'll also put together some next steps.
Each Sunday I will post the assignments for the week, along with a suggested daily schedule you can use to keep yourself on track. You'll have complete freedom to decide when and how you want to do your assignments.
I will also host one or more "live" sessions each Monday. Depending on the number of people who sign up and their locations, I may do a few sessions scheduled at different times of the day. I want to try to work with participants' schedules as much as I can.
During the live sessions, I will introduce that week's topic and take you through some initial exercises to get you started. These sessions will be recorded and archived so that you are able to access them later to review. You'll also be able to watch the archived sessions if you were unable to attend that week's event.
When is the Next Camp?
The first Career Clarity Camp for 2012 will run from January 9-February 6.
So How Much Does this Cost?
Guess what--you get to name your price! Sign up for the Camp and at the end, when it's over and you've had a chance to find some clarity, then you pay me according to the value you got from the Camp. The suggested price is $299, but you pay what you want. If the course wasn't worth a $299 investment, then you pay less. If it was worth more to you, then you pay more. You determine the value and pay accordingly!
Want priority registration for events, great articles and other goodies? Then sign up for The Bamboo Project newsletter!
If you sign up before January, 2012, you'll get my "Looking Back/Looking Ahead" activities. Each day for 20 days, you'll receive an email with a specific question that can help you reflect on what you've learned in 2011 and get you started planning for 2012. It's a great way to jumpstart your career for the New Year!