Do you have a creative project you've been dreaming about starting?
Maybe a business idea, a new career direction, a project idea you'd love to get kick-started for your job or as a side gig?
There's a dream you want to give birth to and I want to be your doula!
What Is the Dream It/Do It Retreat?
Creative projects need space and time to get started and grow. What begins as a little idea you can't shake, eventually is going to grow into something you're bursting to bring into the world. I want to provide that space and that dedicated time for dreaming and working.
I also know that some of the best creative work gets done when we're in the company of other people working on their own creations. Why do you think that writer and artist retreats have been so popular for years? There's incredible energy that can be created when people come together to work on their projects. I want to give you that, too.
The Dream It/Do It Retreat is going to give you all that you need to give birth to your dream--whether it's a new career, a new side gig or a new business!
It will be a combination of structured group activities where we are able to provide support and feedback to each other, plus space and time to work on your individual creative dream.
And did I mention food? Three delicious homemade meals a day, using fresh, locally grown ingredients. And an art studio with crazy great supplies open 24 hours a day. And 23-acre grounds with a mile long woodchip trail, ponds, and 140 species of trees and flowering shrubs. And high speed wireless access points for when you MUST get online.
Give Me the Details!
Dream It/Do It will be held at Pendle Hill, a Quaker retreat space just outside of Philadelphia, in Wallingford, PA. The dates for the retreat are November 9-11, 2012.
It's a beautiful quiet property that includes wonderful outdoor spaces for walking and dreaming and a fully-stocked art studio open 24 hours a day for those who want to get their creative juices flowing with art supplies. They also serve incredible homemade food using fresh, locally grown ingredients, plus we'll have great healthy snacks to keep you fortified throughout the day.
Our main base of operations will be Waysmeet, a beautiful old house with great meeting space and five bedrooms that can sleep up to 9 people. If need be, we'll also have access to other sleeping spaces on the Pendle Hill property, but we'll do our main group work in the Waysmeet location.
Friday evening will be a "soft landing." We can check into Waysmeet starting at 5:30, dinner is at 6:30 and then we'll gather at 7:15 for our first session. You'll be able to talk a little about your project and we'll set our intentions for the weekend's work, plus there will be plenty of "getting to know you" time. Pendle Hill is also "BYO," so you can bring some wine or cocktails to share if you want.
Saturday--8 a.m.-9 p.m.
On Saturday, we'll have a mix of alone time for work and group check-in sessions.
We'll start with a Pro-Action Cafe. This is a structured activity where you'll be able to share your idea with us and then through three rounds of discussion, we'll help you answer these big questions:
- What is the quest behind the project? This will help you deepen your insight into what you want to create.
- What is missing? Once your idea has deepened, we'll help you explore what else you might need.
- What am I learning about myself and my project? What next steps do I need to take? What else do I still need?
This will give you greater clarity before you dive into working on your project on your own. If you need additional help, I'll be around to offer some other tools and ideas that can help you get your creative juices flowing.
After the morning Cafe, you'll have alone time to work on your project with periodic check-ins and discussions throughout the day.
At each group check-in, you'll let us know where you're at, what you plan to do next and what advice or support you need. We'll help you problem solve and commit to a course of action. This way we'll build in accountability and support to help you stay on track.
On Saturday evening, we'll have a longer check-in along with some fun conversation and activities.
Sunday--8 a.m.-2 p.m.
On Sunday, we'll have breakfast together, some additional solo work time, and then a final group check-in. We'll send you on your way refreshed, revived and excited about all the progress you've made!
With your registration fee, you'll get:
- Room and all meals from dinner Friday evening through lunch on Sunday afternoon.
- Drinks and snacks available throughout the day on Saturday.
- Access to all Pendle Hill amenities, including walking trails, a quiet library, a fully-stocked art studio and wireless internet access at locations throughout the Pendle Hill campus.
- Dedicated time and space to work on your creative project--no interruptions and everything taken care of for you, including meals!
- The opportunity to work with other creatives, get their feedback and support and experience some of the serendipity and energy that comes from working on a creative project in the company of other like-minded folks.
- Access to tools and materials that can help you create your dream and move it into action, including the opportunity to work with the VisualsSpeak suite of visioning tools.
The Dream It/Do It Retreat is for you if . . .
- You have a creative project in mind and need to get away to get it moving.
- You love the idea of being around other creative folks working on their own creative dreams.
- You want support, structure and community PLUS alone time to move your project forward.
- You want to help other people realize their creative dreams, too.
- You want to have fun while getting some work done.
The Dream It/Do It Retreat is NOT for you if. . .
- You're not ready to do some work to get your project moving.
- You aren't interested in helping your fellow creatives by providing support and feedback.
- You're looking for a spa weekend retreat. No massages or shopping here. :-)
Your investment for an amazing location, two nights of accommodations, the support and community of other creative people and the time, space, tools and resources to create your dream--PLUS food, walking trails, and an art studio?
That's a pretty great deal, especially when you figure that you'll be leaving with a great creative project and plan under your arm and a boatload of support and new friends!
Special Bargain If You Bring a Roommate!
If you have a friend who's working on a creative project too and both of you want to come and share a room, I'm offering a special bargain--$350/ per person. That's a total savings of $100! Plus you can have a slumber party with your roommate!
NOTE--If you want to sign up with a roommate, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can confirm your room arrangments and send you each a separate PayPal invoice.
What About Commuters?
Are you in the Philadelphia, Delaware, NY/NJ area and want to attend the retreat without staying overnight? We can accommodate commuters, too. You'll still have access to all of the great facilities, including the art studio, meals, plus all the materials and activities.
The commuter investment is $200.
Getting to Pendle Hill
Pendle Hill is easily accessible by car or train for PA, NJ, NY, DE, MD, and the DC metro area. For those who might be coming from further away, the Philadelphia airport is only 20 minutes away.
Sign Me Up!
If you're ready to join us for the Dream It/Do It Retreat, reserve your spot now!
Space is limited, so don't wait too long. . .
If you want a single room ($400), click below:
If you want to register as a commuter ($200), click below:
If you want to register with a roommate:
Email me at email@example.com and I will make separate arrangements to invoice you and your roommate.
Note on Cancellations and Refunds--If for some reason you need to cancel your reservation prior to October 1, 2012 I can give you a full refund. If you have to cancel between October 1 and November 1, I will refund 50%. Cancellations after November cannot be refunded.
What If I Can't Pay All at Once?
If you can't swing the full one-time payment, email me privately and we can discuss payment options. I want to make this work for you!
Questions? Want More Info Before You Decide?
If you have questions or if you aren't sure if this is for you, then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'm happy to talk further.